Saturday 2 December 2017

Emotional Amnesia - What is it?

“Emotional Amnesia” - being unable to remember how it felt to ever feel any different to how you feel now. 
 
I feel like my friends and I talk about this concept all the time but it’s not really a term that’s used in healthcare. I think its something everyone experiences from to time to time, especially during bereavement and other upsetting times. However I think it’s even more experienced by people in the mental health community and those who have experienced trauma and/or received a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder / Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder. Sometimes I feel it can be helpful to know that this is a real concept, that when in deep emotional pain, you may experience emotional amnesia. And that’s ok. 


(I do also realise that some people may have never felt ok in their life, but there may have been times when the suffering was less.)



3 comments:

LETSDOIT said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Speak Easy Therapy

GAMING said...

I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog orderherbalsonline.com

Ameen Khatri said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. iiihost